Teachers Without Borders and Earth Bridges Present
Earth Day 2011 Podcasting Competition
Our theme for EarthCast 2011: "A Better World for All"
- Participants must be teachers, students or be somehow related to education. In case of teachers, it is strongly recommended to involve the students in the competition.
- There will be two categories
1.Classroom Experience: Producing a podcast related to the issue of environmental protection, in outlining a new project to protect the environment from the school.
2.Interview an Expert: Producing a podcast in which to conduct an interview with an expert in the field of conservation and environmental protection and to reflect how we can work from our classrooms for its protection.
Participants must register their participation at
* The podcasts will have a duration no longer than 30 minutes and be recorded in mp3 format. In case of including video, an audio file must be submitted besides the video file. The files will be used for rebroadcast on Earth Day.
* The podcasts should be sent no later than April 17, at 23:59 GMT Link to your local time to
* Entries will be judged based on originality, creativity, feasibility to carry out the project in classrooms around the world and fits the theme of the event: A Better World for All.
* The podcasts will be released with Creative Commons 3.0 license and thus constitute open educational resources for broadcast on Earth Bridges, Teachers Without Borders and other distribution outlets.
Prizes will be awarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd places in each category, consisting of gift cards worth 150, 100 and 50 USD, respectively, for the purchase of educational materials. Each entry will receive a PDF certificate of participation.
Winners and/or representatives must attend our live (virtual) awards ceremony to receive their prize on April 22.